If you have planned to move to your new house or a new city, then you need to start packing your belongings. Packing and moving can be stressful and confusing too. People often get overwhelmed because with all of their stuff, they don’t know where to begin. Well, if you are confused about what the first thing to pack when moving should be, then we are here to help you.
First Thing to Pack When Moving
Packing is not all about packing all your belongings at once. You need to know a lot about the supplies required for packing, how to pack exactly to keep your belongings safe and in which order you have to pack. To know more about all these, read on.
Arrange the Supplies
It is impossible to pack efficiently if you do not have the right packing materials. Here’s a checklist for some of the basic yet important packing materials that you will need:
- Packing boxes of high quality.
- Padding for fragile or delicate items i.e. bubble wrap.
- Packing paper (plain white paper).
- Old duct tape for packing.
How to Pack?
You have to pack things very carefully. Here are some of the tips in order to pack things properly:
- Pack in Order of Rooms: You need to pack in order of rooms. First start with the least important one and end up with the most important one. While unpacking just go exactly in the opposite direction. Start to pack things that you are taking with you but you do not have to use them anytime soon. It can be dinner sets, glasses and cups. These things also need majority of attention so make sure to devote time.
- Pack Lighter First: You need to start packing the lighter items first. You can start packing the items that are lighter in weight. Leave the heavier furniture and items for last. Make sure to pack the clothes, bags, kitchen sets, photos etc. first.
- Label Each Box: While packing, you have to label each and every box based on the room and items in it. If you are packing the photo frames in a box, label it as ‘Frames’. If you are packing essential items of your kitchen which is fragile, label it as ‘Kitchen’ and ‘FRAGILE’.
- Use Padding: You must fold each and every item with the bubble wrap before packing it in the box. You can keep the belongings safe in this way.
So, this is all about first thing to pack when moving and how to pack them correctly. Since you cannot take a risk when it comes to your belongings, it is important for you trust a professional moving company. You have to do proper research about the moving companies available in the market to finally decide the best one. You can also ask for referrals and recommendations from your friends and family.